-High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
-Minimum of 6 months – 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Previous orderly/P.C. experience is preferred.
-Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy and medical terminology preferred. Would also prefer a high level of cross-sectional anatomy.
Performs a variety of tasks to greet and screen patients and transport patients to the scanner so that the patient may be scanned, his/her paperwork and films prepared and organized, and then safely returned to the point of origin so that the patient may complete other tests if required. Ensures the patient has a clear understanding of when exam reporting will be available and what to do in the event of any questions.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Greets, screens, and safely transports patients to the scan control room and returns them when done.
2. Performs and/or aides patient transfer on/off the table, ensures patient comfort, as directed assists in administering preliminary and post exam instruction and answering non-medical related questions.
3. Enters accurate patient, physician, and exam information into the Alliance PLE system as well as client MIS systems when required.
4. Assist technologist with preparing contrast agents and necessary expendable supplies.
5. Assist technologist with paperwork as directed and then sorts and prepares patient package of films and paperwork for technologist review before submitting to client.
6. Orders supplies, cleans unit, and assists in preparing for transport on a daily basis.
Alliance HealthCare Services - 2 years ago
Alliance HealthCare Services is a leading national provider of diagnostic imaging and radiation oncology services. With nearly 30 years...