Under the direction of an ordering physician, the Speech Therapist performs a vital role providing patient services of identifying, evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients with communication and swallowing impairments. The Speech Therapist is critical in establishing and implementing therapy programs for patients and is essential in the healing process to enhance and increase communication skills and prevent regression of these skills. The Speech Therapist is held in high esteem for the indirect services of consulting, advising and training the patient and the appropriate caregivers.
Entry Rate: Based on experience
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: PRN, on-call - shift varies
Department: Acute rehab
Additional Details: Candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Master's degree in Speech & Language Pathology or Language Disorders. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) awarded by the American speech-language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Licensure by the State of Utah or Idaho to practice Speech-Language Pathology
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- A clinical background in neurologic communication and swallowing disorders
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 23 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...