Job Title: Sr. Windows Administrator
Job ID: 259480
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Day to Day Work
UNISYS is searching for a Windows Systems Administrator:
The systems administration encompasses network and server administration. The Systems Administrator's responsibilities include: implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests; perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers.
Required Experience and Education:
- Responsible for Windows servers and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization Windows servers and desktops and also serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment.
- Install and maintain the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization NT servers and desktops.
- Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network.
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance as needed.
- Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems' configuration.
- Manage software life cycles.
- Serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment.
- Participate in review boards for all changes or additions to the standard CWE configuration within the organization.
- Participate in various design reviews.
- Pager Duty required for most positions.
- Candidate must have 8 years experience maintaining servers, hard drive arrays, tape arrays / tape libraries and desktops.
- Candidate must have 8 years experience maintaining systems in a Managed Configuration including server baseline establishment, change tracking, server build reports, and other configuration management procedures.
- Extensive MS Active Directory experience.
- Demonstrated experience with VBS scripts.
- Extensive experience with backup and restore operations including disk and tape arrays.
- Networking experience in the following areas: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP firewall configuration
- Data Transfer Officer experience.
- Strong VMWare experience.
- Experience configuring and maintaining
- Familiarity with Unix and / or Linux administration
- Experience administering Lotus Notes and Domino.
- Knowledge of Database Management system software including MS SQLServer, Quest Central, and Sybase Replication Server.
- Knowledge of object oriented development systems such as MS Visual C#, .NET, Perl, Java and /or Sybase PowerBuilder.
- BS/BA degree required in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related field. Must have 8 years relevant experience.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Security Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Candidates must have a demonstrated level of expertise performing these duties within the intelligence community.
Unisys - 23 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...