Integrated Defense Systems and Services (IDSS), a business unit of DRS Technologies, Inc. is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.3 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies. For additional information on IDSS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Company Overview
DRS Technical Services, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Title: Radio Frequency (RF) Systems Engineer
(R23G096 – Telecommunications Specialist)
The Systems Engineer will lead a team that will provide 3GPP UMTS/LTE mobile communications engineering support services to the Intelligence Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD), Program Management RITE Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support for complex design, integration, and analysis of cellular and other radio networks
- Use mastery of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory in the design of supported networks
- Use specific experience with UMTS, GSM and IP protocols analysis to evaluate performance of commercial system and components leading to integrated solutions for new capabilities and enhancements to existing systems
- Interpret RF spectrum and signal analysis results
- Create test plans and procedures as part of the systems engineering process for each developed configuration item to ensure performance goals are met
Basic Qualifications (including education and years of experience required)
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Must possess experience in communications software, hardware or networks
- Should have strong understanding of technologies such as LTE/UMTS/HSPA concepts
- Should have in-depth understanding of RAN and IP transport network and capability to modify configuration and scripts
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on a network element and its interfaces
- Should have a strong background with UTRAN and CORE components and RANAP signaling protocols
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Must possess at a minimum active secret clearance with eligibility to hold a TS SCI level clearance
Physical Requirements (lifting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with UMTS/LTE technology
- CompTIA A+ or Network + certification
- Proficiency with MS Office
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies - 2 years ago
DRS Technologies has zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical products...