This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary. All ISD jobs could include pager responsibilities.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the definition, development, implementation, and enabling virtualization, cloud infrastructure solutions and services to include, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS). Position will work closely with multiple pillars across Walmart Information Systems Division (ISD) to include - Engineering, Architecture, AppDev, Security, and Operations.
This role will provide Program Management oversight and technical expertise across multiple concurrent internal and customer-facing projects of large size and high degree of complexity. In addition, they may perform technical analysis as part of assigned projects.
Position requires prior experience as an Infrastructure Program / Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, great teaming / collaboration skills, and solid project management skills.
This person will demonstrate excellent technical and professional skills to provide direction on multiple customer-facing projects. As an authority on Infrastructure, virtual desktop products, technologies and networking, the ideal candidate is capable of solving complex technical problems, communicating technical concepts to other team members and peers with mixed levels of technical abilities, and making sound technical and architectural decisions independently.
- Gathers technical requirements and translates requirements into hardware and software capabilities (Technical).
- Communicates technical architecture direction and coordinates technical proof of concept analysis (Technical).
- Assists in driving resolution to technical and performance problems within the technical infrastructure (Technical)
- Develops required work products for technology, application, and data domains of change (Methodology).
- Leads a large team of resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management)
- Participates in providing gap analysis, from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition (Business)
- Establishes credibility at all levels with stakeholders and builds problem-solving partnerships (Relationship Management).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including proposal and formal written deliverables covering area(s) of expertise (Communication)
- Program / Project Scheduling, Issue Management & Resolution / Risk Management (Program Management)
- Budget Development / Management (Program Management)
- Resource Management
- Scope, Change, and Requirements Management (Program Management)
- Understands and adheres to Project Lifecycle / Methodology (Program Management)
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years including 5 years on Cloud Computing OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years AND 5 years experience in managing highly-complex, technically-challenging projects utilizing solid engineering skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
4 years experience utilizing systems development lifecycle processes.
3 years experience leading large and diverse groups of associates to complete projects on time and within budget.
3 years mentoring others in project management disciplines.
3 years experience managing, tracking, and reporting IT budgets.
3 years experience in technical infrastructure design
Additional relevant experience in one or more technical specialty areas.
Program Manager - ISD, Cloud Computing
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...