Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Community Relations Coordinator at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR will be the initial interface with employees and non-profit organizations for activities and events associated with Community Relations and Philanthropy in the corporate relations department. The incumbent will serve as coordinator/support to programs including, but not limited to, the Liquid Nitrogen Ambassadors, Volunteer Days of Caring, United Way campaign and auction, Annual Grant proposal receipt process (including receipt, answering questions and organization of hundreds of grant requests) Community events, Corpnews stories regarding community relations, and assisting in the follow up with all external and internal customers who contact the department.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Internal/External Community Interaction
2. LIN Program
- Receives requests from employees and the community and decides how to handle them; may include requests for funding and requests for volunteers.
- Communication comes from mail, email, phone and personal visits from employees and visitors.
4. United Way
- Attends all internal meetings on behalf of community relations and represents us.
- Processes all community requests for Lin demonstrations
- Communicates internally and externally on all aspects of the Lin program
- Schedules trainers and reserves LIN kits
- Checks on inventory and reorders as necessary for LIN kits
- Sends confirmations to all LIN ambassadors
- Keeps records on number of demos and number of audience members to combine in end of year report.
- Schedules annual LIN training
- Overall day-to-day responsibility with Lin program in consultation with manager of CR and LIN coordinators.
- Keeps accurate records for year-end reporting.
6. Volunteer Program – Days of Caring Coordinator
- Attends all internal meeting on behalf of community relations.
- Expert on the eWay (electronic pledging tool) for all US employees.
- Main point of contact when employees have questions about pledging.
- Works with UW campaign coordinator to edit, update, and distribute campaign materials.
- Supports the United Way auction that includes identifying items, working with the volunteers, tallying the items, writing and reviewing the content, collecting the money, distributing the items…everything involved with the annual UW auction that typically raises ~$35,000.
- Works with community relations staff and UW volunteer committee for overall success of campaign.
- Keeps accurate records for year-end reporting.
7. Ticket Distribution
- Receives requests from employee groups and individuals who want to volunteer individually or as a team
- Liaison with Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley to make good placement for the volunteers
- Distributes and re-orders volunteer shirts as needed
- Sends volunteer shirts to sites around the US
- Keeps accurate records for year-end reporting
8. Office Support
- Handles the schedule and distribution of event tickets including but not limited to IronPigs, ArtsQuest.
- Takes requests from the community and prepares certificates for tickets as donations.
- Answers phone; schedules meetings; registers guests; orders supplies, file maintenance, etc.
- Support for Manager of Community Relations and Philanthropy
- Back-up support for Government Relations
High School diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years Air Products experience.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #11350BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...