The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Full Time Laboratory Aide II to work in Denver, CO.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 11:00pm - 7:00am (Nights), some overtime required
Currently we are seeking a Lab Assistant II. As a Lab Assistant II, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Basic Purpose: Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department.
2. Performs routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
3. Performs laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage and retrieval.
4. Preparing reagents and or media in the department.
5. Preparing specimens at workstations for testing. (including building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation)
6. Performs QA/QC duties as assigned.
7. Loading and unloading Coulters and Olympus analyzers.
8. Loads, runs and unloads some automated testing procedures. a. Instrumentation operated includes Integra, Atlas, Centaur, Ax Sym, Immulite, Autocap, Star-Sed
9. Performs complex laboratory testing or components of complex testing procedures with supervision. Examples include running of genprobes, electrophoresis, sickles cell, urine Hcg, IFA staining etc.
10. Resolves pending lists.
11. Finds missing samples.
12. Decontaminates work areas.
13. Performs weekly radioactive wipe tests.
14. Maintains files for department records.
15. Changes gas cylinders.
16. Follows all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
17. Uses the laboratory computer system as well as operates PCs.
18. Disposes of biohazardous material.
19. Provides input regarding training and checklists.
20. Assists with the department quality improvement program.
21. Completes training and competency checklists as appropriate.
22. Special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
Education Preferred: High school diploma or equivalent
Work Experience: One year in a technical or laboratory department Special Requirements:
1. Competent in addressing department pending lists, finding missing specimens.
2. Worked as a lab assistant I with no errors or very minor errors.
3. Exhibit a command of the lab assistant I position.
4. Demonstrate the ability to follow a series of steps with out confusion or error on an on-going basis.
5. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency.
6. Must be able to retain information once learned.
7 . Must interact with other coworkers, internal and external customers with courtesy and respect.
8. Abilty to understand instructions, reason and make judgements. Understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them, and their effective use.
9. Ability to perfom arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
10. Ability to perceive pertinent details and verbal or tabular materials.
11. Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs) Heavier weights with assitance. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. Must be able to hear, see and respond adequately. Frequent prolonged standing/walking.
12. Graduate of medical assistant program desirable.
Key Word Search: laboratory, biohazardous, specimen, reagent, instrument, analyzer, Integra, Atlas, Centaur, Ax Sym, Immulite, Autocap, Star-Sed
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...