* Looking for an opportunity to enter a career in healthcare?
* Interested in Pharmacy with a new twist?
* Seeking advancement opportunities?
* Looking for a professional, team oriented workplace?
* Work for a diversified, growing and stable National Company!
The Order Entry Technician performs data entry of new and refill prescription orders received from centers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors electronic queues and fax machines for incoming orders and input same into computer in a timely manner
- Enters new and refill orders and discontinues orders according to client specific criteria, into appropriate center profile
- Admits new customer into pharmacy profiles
- Assist with recording keeping requirements necessary to maintain compliance with state and federal laws for controlled substances
- Communicate with customers over the phone
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
- Full job description available upon request
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Data entry experience, preferred.
- Pharmacy technician experience or recent formal training in pharmacology.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numerals), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology.
Availability to work 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM, Monday-Friday and some scheduled weekends
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Omnicare, Inc - 17 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...