We are seeking Facility Maintenance Technicians for our Las Vegas division. Duties include:
- Perform light duty repairs on electrical, such as replacing light bulbs and fuses. Should be able to perform remove and replace procedures regarding the electrical system.
- Perform remove and replace procedures on tires and wheels.
- Perform minor engine component remove and replace procedure, such as alternators, power steering pumps, fuel pumps, fan clutch etc.
- Perform diagnosis, service and repairs on transmissions, differentials, driveshaft and universal joints.
- Perform diagnosis, service and repairs on heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform some welding when needed.
- Perform steering and suspension service and repairs.
- Perform fluid and filter changes on Engine, Transmission, Differential, Cooling system, etc.
- Clean work area and major shop areas assigned to them.
- Write repair orders legibly with detailed repair information & parts failure analysis.
- Follow policy and procedures implemented by MV Transportation.
- Perform vehicle computer diagnostics, isolating the circuit and determining what in the circuit is bad using computer scanners and digital volt ohm meters.
- Perform major engine repairs, i.e. repair engine oil leaks at valve cover, oil pan, oil cooler adapter, timing cover seal, etc.
- Perform major engine components replacement, i.e. cylinder head, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, turbo charger, etc.
- Have graduated from high school or equivalent
- Complete tool set/with roll box, air tools, meters, etc.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses either in high school or other, i.e. junior college or trade school [ASE Certifications are a PLUS].
- Have good understanding of the basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
- Good understanding in basic electrical systems and wiring diagrams
- Class B CDL with passenger and air brake endorsement required or within 30 days of employment
- Listening skills are a must. Must listen closely to Maintenance Manager for instructions to perform remove and replace procedures correctly.
- Repair vehicles using the proper tools and accepted trade methods.
- Computer skills required
- Work well with others.
- Follow instructions printed and online from Factory shop repair manuals.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
MV Transportation, Inc. - 17 months ago