Embedded Firmware Engineer
PCCG Platform Software Engineering (PSE) is looking for a firmware developer who can contribute to all phases of customer reference board (CRB) and Solution Development Systems (SDS) development and deployment. These include schematics reviews, firmware development for the embedded controller (EC), board bring-up/debug and interfacing with customers (IHVs, IBVs, OEM/ODM).
Responsibilities include working with BIOS developers and board design engineers to review and provide feedback on schematics for mobile and desktop CRBs, define BIOS to EC interface protocols, write clear specifications, implement EC firmware in assembly language and C, triage reported platform issues and provide timely solutions or workarounds to resolve them. You will work with embedded controller vendors to drive the development and delivery of new technologies into the market.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, and 5 years of experience in firmware, debug or low-level software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience to read a schematic and understand basic analog and digital concepts
- 5+ years of of PC architecture (hardware, software, firmware) experience
- 5+ years of motherboard power-on procedures and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of software and hardware tools experience to diagnose and debug BIOS, firmware and operating system issues.
- 2+ years of BIOS operations and interdependencies experience
- 2+ years of fundamental serial bus technologies, such as I2C,SMBus,RS-232, etc.
- 5+ years of C, and assembly language for one or more microcontrollers.
- 2+ years of platform power management concepts and battery technologies.
- Ability to travel to US and other geos.
Jan 30, 2013
Jan 31, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...