NCsoft West, the U.S. branch of NCsoft Corporation, the world's largest independent developer and publisher of online computer games is seeking a highly-motivated and highly-qualified Technical Administrator to become a member within the Live Operations Department, located |
in Austin, TX.
This Senior Linux Systems Administrator will ensure the deployment, high availability, performance, and scalability of the Linux infrastructure in a 24/7x 365 online environments. This position involves the installation, upgrade, optimization of hardware, software, and services across a variety of platforms and technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience managing Linux systems and maintaining large enterprise server farms. Must be able to document procedures well and provide training to the NOC employees as needed. This is a 24x7 on-call position
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance, planning and capacity management of the production and development environments.
- Work together with Support and Development Engineers to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues.
- Establish operational best practices and standard operating procedures for deployment, support, break-fix, and systems management
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies and procedures
- Production deployment planning, testing and verification.
- Assess utilization trends and make appropriate design and implementation recommendations to scale the architecture
- Improve and maintain existing process automation, ability to test for accuracy
- Work with other operations teams to build out new requirements/updates for toolsets
- Update, upgrade, and maintain operating systems and application servers
- Adhere and maintain proper auditing in accordance with PCI Compliance Standards.
- 5+ years professional experience in UNIX/Linux, scripting and administration
- 5+ years professional experience developing code to automate operational tasks. (Perl, PHP, BASH, Shell, awk, Python, etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of DNS, HTTP/S, SSH, LDAP, PXE/DHCP/TFTP.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, firewall, networking protocols, and security concepts.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Xen, etc. )
- In-depth MySQL knowledge, queries, administration experience
- Experience with management of large compute and serving clusters and associated issues such as automation, configuration management, deployment, inventory, hardware troubleshooting, system troubleshooting, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Must have ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced start-up environment and be able to handle several projects and tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 oncall conditions.
- BS, BA in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS or relevant technology degree or relevant work experience in similar environment
- Experience working on a 24x7 Operations team with multiple remote datacenters
- Must possess excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Extreme attention to detail, strives for excellence in delivering accurate, timely results
NCsoft Corporation - 7 months ago