Division: Production & Supply
Function: Engineering / Capital Projects
City: St. Gabriel
State/Province: Louisiana [LA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Project Engineer
Job ID: 3443
This position will assume a project engineering / project management role on selected capital projects within the NAFTA region. Key deliverables is the successful execution of capital projects in terms of safety, cost, schedule and commissioning by the individual on assigned projects.
Accountabilities: Financial Scope: Manage assigned capital projects ranging from $40M up to $5MM singularly or aggregate.
Direct People Responsibility: None
Indirect People Responsibility: Individual will lead and direct project resources on assigned projects including Syngenta personnel and 3rd party contracts and contractors.
Ensure that the development of Project Scope, Specifications & Contracts for Projects confirm with the Syngenta Project Process.
Ensure that budget and schedules are met on assigned capital projects.
Assist in the development of good quality cost estimates including risk analysis and consistency planning assigned capital projects.
Control / coordinate discipline design activities through oversight of 3rd party consultants on assigned projects.
Ensure engineering designs comply with best practice standards, current and future legislative requirements and Syngenta HSE guidelines.
Ensure that innovative, cost effective project engineering solutions are utilized through innovative execution strategy, integrated teams and internal/external benchmarking.
Demonstrated capability in Project Engineering / Project Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- The Syngenta Project Process and Capital Sanctioning System.
- Concepts and procedures required to deliver all elements of a capital program.
- Practitioner-level knowledge of economic evaluation, including development of capital cost estimates and discounted cash flow financial analyses.
- Practitioner-level expertise in all project management knowledge areas;
- Practitioner-level expertise in project definition and contract negotiation and management.
Critical technical, professional, personal capabilities:
- Strong background in engineering field, construction management, project management fields.
- General knowledge or experience in finance.
- Practitioner-level experience managing capital projects and negotiation of contracts.
Critical Leadership Capabilities:
- Project management skills Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, networking, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence colleagues at all levels while operating effectively in a matrix organization.
- Objectivity regarding standards.
- Ability to apply the skill-set to projects throughout NAFTA .
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: Perform own projects according to professional project principles.
- Focus on customer needs.
- Forward looking.
- Enable develop and deliver innovative solutions.
- Develop external partnerships for value creation.
- Growth through challenge.
- Deliver commitments – delivering quality at speed.
- Manage change swiftly and effectively.
- Set clear, high, achievable standards and goals.
- Seek/share best practice; develop synergies; communicate results.
- Encouragement of sustainable solutions
- Strong support of HSE and Syngenta standards
Ensure that all project risks associated with projects are properly accessed and communicated to CPG management
Travel = 10 %
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Syngenta - 23 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...