Binary Translation Performance Engineer
Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Software and Services Group (SG) has openings for software developers to work on exciting new product introducing Binary Translation (BT) technologies on Intel Architecture. We are looking for a senior software performance engineer to participate in a project which is developing a Binary Translation product for use in future Intel(R) Processors. The responsibilities will include defining the performance infrastructure, detailed performance analysis and performance tool development required for BT software development. In this position, you will be working on developing performance tools and defining performance infrastructure for the code that is optimized for Intel Architecture (IA).
Minimum skills and experience:
You should possess a Masters or Ph.D. in or Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with additional experience.
A minimum of two years of industry experience in the following areas:
- Software development with C and/or C++ programming on the Linux* (preferred) or Windows* operating system
- Software development that involved understanding of computer architectures, microprocessor architectures and/or IA Instruction Set Architecture, and/or IA Memory Model
- Knowledge of simulation methodology (functional and cycle accurate)
- Technology development in Binary Translation or adjacent products like JVMs, Android Dalvik, Compilers and/or optimization, or Runtimes or Systems Software
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with performance analysis at a micro-architecture level and gathering data to influence hardware support features would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of binary translation technologies including knowledge of Intermediate Representation (IR), Dynamic Compilation and/or Translation, Optimizations, Runtime Systems (for dealing with Exceptions, Interrupts), or Translation Cache Management technologies would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of VMM internals, OS internals, device drivers or Managed Runtimes would be an added advantage
Apr 11, 2013
Apr 12, 2014
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...