The Salvation Army Garden Center Corps is seeking a part time nursery/child care worker. This position is 10 hours a week. Availability to work Sunday's is required.
Must be able to pass a background check, the ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions in English, ability to follow policy and procedures and the ability to lift 30 pounds.
Only those who apply in person will be considered & interviewed.
Non-exempt (hourly) Must be able to work Sunday Mornings, Tuesday Evenings, Thursday Mornings, & Friday Evenings....
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The purpose of this position is to organize and lead activities and provide quality care for infants, toddlers and young children during corps activities and functions.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Organizes and participates in games, reads to children, and teaches them simple painting, drawing, handwork, songs, and similar activities.
2. Directs children in eating, resting, and toileting.
3. Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
4. Maintains appropriate behavior management.
5. Serves meals and refreshments to children and regulates rest periods.
6. Ensures nursery is in order before leaving; reports any broken equipment to the supervisor.
7. Reports all injuries to parent and supervisor.
8. Maintains a volunteer roster.
9. Follows all guidelines in The Western Territory's policy, "Protecting the Mission, Policies for Work with Minors."
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
1. Education Requirements
One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. First Aid and Child CPR certification preferred.
Must have the ability to interact appropriately with children, peers, and parents.
3. Physical Requirements
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
Please apply in person at receptionist desk -Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm at:
The Salvation Army
Garden Center Campus
2794 Garden Street
Oakland, CA 94601
BarefootStudent.com - 11 months ago
Battling to provide social services, The Salvation Army is more than 4 million strong -- including some 3.4 million registered volunteers....