To set up, monitor, document and score multi-parameter physiological measurements of sleep with and without nasal CPAP/BiPAP and/or oxygen supplementation. Reschedule patients for follow-up testing, if necessary. Clean and disinfect equipment used during testing. Enter charge for procedure performed. Maintain patient confidentiality. Works independently with little or no supervision
- Orient patient to surroundings.
- Explain testing procedure to patient and/or family.
- Calibrate equipment.
- Correctly place electrodes on patients to insure accurate testing information.
- Monitor patient during sleep via testing equipment and video monitor for any signs of patient distress. Document all events accurately.
- Fit, set-up and adjust nasal CPAP/BiPAP appliances achieving optimal levels necessary to maintain patent airway.
- Adequately titrate oxygen as per patient requirement.
- Disconnect equipment and remove adhesive following test completion.
- Must be an RN or a Respiratory Therapist and have completed an approved sleep study course.
- 1-2 years experience in acquisition and analysis of physiological measurements of sleep.
- State license if required.
- Registered or registry eligible Polysomnographic Technologist or an individual with specialized interests and training in both Respiratory Care and Polysomnography.
- BLS required.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
AR-Little Rock-St Vincent Infirmary
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 19 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...