Conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assists management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. Designs, documents and re-engineers business processes and publishes business metrics results.
Please check this job carefully to ensure it is the appropriate match. Assign employees who provide business systems analysis for internal or client-facing projects to the Business Systems Analyst job family. Assign employees who conduct software quality assurance/testing to the Software Quality Analyst job family. Assign employees who provide product support to the Product Support Representative job family. This job family should be used for employees who support general management for an FIS business segment, division, group or line of business.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
General knowledge, skills and abilities:
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in business analysis, process modeling, and financial analysis. Possesses solid knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach more junior business analysts. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years of business analysis experience.
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services
- Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
- Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
FIS - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...