The Patient Care Manager is responsible for the supervision of all direct care services and is the leader for the Patient Care Team. The Patient Care Manager is responsible to supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the Hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT/IDG); serve as patient advocate and coordinator for other social service and health care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team's patients; and assure responsibility for the maintenance of patient records form intake to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
Knowledge of principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology nursing and palliative Care. Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics, operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- Provide supervision and consultation to staff and volunteers during all hours of service.
- Ensure clinical competency evaluations are performed at time of hire and annually to assess employee basic skill levels for all staff/employees providing patient/family care.
- Ensure clinical competency evaluation tools are tailored to each job ategory and the services provided.
- Screen interivew and hire all patient care staff.
- Overall responsibility for orienting all new members of the Patient Care Team to ensure that everyone has an adequate understanding of hospice principles and of his/her own job responsibilities.
- Supervise all members of the Patient Care Team including staff, volunteers, and contract personnel to ensure that all members are rendering the highest quality care possible professionally, caringly, efficiently and in a clinically appropriate manner.
- Provide leadership to Patient Care team for regular interdisciplinary team meetings, facilitation of problem solving sessions; and the delivery of team support.
- Facilitate team meetings for the Patient Care Team
- Evaluate the job performance of each member of the Patient Care Team on a written basis at least annually. Conduct appropriate supervisory visits which allow for clinical observation of performance of members of the Patient Care Team.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of acceptable productivity for each memeber of the Patient Care Team and for patient care assignments.
- Review information on all prospective patient admissions, consult appropriate team members for input and authorize all appropriate admissions to the Patient Care Team.
- Coordinate all direct patient care services for the team including staff, volunteer and contracted services to ensure that all services are rendered as integrated components of the interdisciplinary team's plan of care and in compliance with all company policies.
- Meet QAPI expectation
- Community education and awareness of hospice services is promoted by all staff.
- Monitor and maintain records for all patients on the Patient Care Team so that they are accurate.
- Take responsibility for the initiation and maintenance, review and revision of an ongoing individualized Plan of Care that covers all aspects of the care being rendered for each patient on the Patient Care Team.
Level of education leading to Registered Nursing license. Associates degree program, prefer bachelor's degree, BSN
Two years of successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization. Prefer experience in hospice, home health or long-term care.
Must have adequate word, excel, e-mail skills, comfortable with use of computer. Medysis experience
Ceritificates & Liicenses
Current Licensed R.N. in state where work is performed without restriction.