GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As the Lighting Application Engineer, you will respond to internal and field inquiries regarding the technical aspects or applications of Albeo’s LED lighting products (including mechanical, electrical and optical performance).
• Use of photometric application software to perform light level modeling for customers.
• Contact with Lighting Designers, Architects, Engineers and customers to provide product and technical support. Layouts and quotations for lighting projects.
• Market company products through customer visits, and seminars.
• Technical support of Albeo’s growing controls product line including wireless mesh networked systems.
• Comparisons between LED and traditional light sources for output, wattage, and operating costs over time.
• Updating specifications for rapidly changing LED light fixtures.
• Modeling LED light fixtures for light output; selection of lens, filters and reflective materials.
• Monitoring and specifying verification testing using outsourced vendors.
• Bachelor's dergree
• 3+ years experience in lighting products
• Knowledge in mechanical design, strong electrical aptitude
• Ability to use light modeling software
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• Ability to present to an audience and excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and simultaneously interact well with customers
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent preferred; or Bachelor’s degree and commensurate technical work experience and knowledge
• Experience in a similar role (Applications Engineering, Field Support or Technical pre-sales)
• Previous experience working in engineering projects and technical product lines
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 12 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...