The Global Supply Management (GSM) group is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company’s global spend & scale to achieve the best total cost of ownership with the best possible quality, service and delivery among all categories of spend. The GSM group partners with the businesses and utilizes Stanley Fulfillment System principles to improve supply chain efficiencies while delivering on strong working capital benefits.
Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) has an opportunity for a Global Sourcing Manager, supporting Security business segments. This individual will also be part of the initiative focusing on deeper dives on product cost and value. The individual will be responsible for working directly with GSM 2.0 Cost Engineering team who will be utilizing various productivity tools including “Clean Sheet” modeling, which is the bottoms-up cost development of a product to understand the optimal cost.
Job Description & Major Responsibilities:
• Formulating global sourcing strategies and driving tactical execution
• Delivering year over year productivity, ROCE (Return on Capital Employed) and working capital improvement goals
• Driving supplier consolidation and supplier risk management objectives
• Negotiating, implementing and managing supplier contracts and service level agreements
• Increasing low cost countries spend penetration
• Supporting new product development and value engineering initiatives
• Instituting world class procurement / sourcing processes and practices including supplier development & supplier scorecards
• Make versus Buy evaluation of key product lines and driving outsourcing / re-sourcing / In-sourcing initiatives
• Acquisition integration including due diligence, opportunity assessments while delivering on synergy savings commitments
• Support Design-to-Value & Clean Sheet Savings Identification:
Organize Supplier Participation as required
Support Commodity Management Spend Analysis
Conduct Linear Performance Pricing Assessments.
Collect Category Cost Driver Information
The current primary regions of spend are North America, Europe, Taiwan and China with an increasing focus on sourcing from emerging markets and best cost countries. This position will work very closely with the Electronic and Mechanical Security businesses and with Stanley Black & Decker’s global supply management groups to leverage supplier relationships and drive key initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably in Engineering or Business Analytics). Master degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of strategic sourcing experience including Supplier Selection, Supplier Management, Contract Negotiations etc.
• Manufacturing experience preferred, utilizing DFM and/or 6-Sigma cost optimization.
• Experience with Security business supply requirements.
• Strong Project, Program management and Problem solving skills required
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment, managing multiple and often times conflicting priorities
• Strong communication and presentation skills required
• Effective leadership & facilitation skills demonstrated
Global Travel 20% - 40%
Stanley Black & Decker - 19 months ago
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...