The IT Ops, Engineering & Support department or "IT" for short is responsible for possessing a detailed understanding of operations, architectural design and infrastructure and communicating the benefits of digitization of business to our function leaders.
Works closely with other IT groups including helpdesk, desktop support, application support, network/system engineers and database administrators in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues.
- Responsible for providing technical support to the various Technician roles within IT Operations in managing the health of applications, networks and systems infrastructure.
- Acts as an initial technical escalation point for in depth troubleshooting of system issues.
- Acts as the senior technical staff on the IT Operations team and provides assistance/training for the technicians and other teams as appropriate.
- Develops innovative and reliable solutions that will continuously improve the service quality to the business.
- Serves as a Tier 2 escalation for production environment system issues.
- Provides technical support for all system services (server, storage and network)
Participate in technology implementations and production changes (PCRs) as required
- Act as the production Systems Administrators.
- Understands and enforces internal policies and procedures for user access including software application account management and physical access (tech center, telephone/communication room etc).
- Creates and maintains scripts and tools for monitoring/maintaining systems as required
Assist with the build and support of the LAN and WAN environments, including switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and VPN.
Follow and adhere to internal IT Policy and Procedures as appropriate.
- Coach Technicians in troubleshooting, support, and escalation practices.
- Where relevant, perform vendor product technical reviews; compare competing vendor products; develop recommendations for selected products.
- Reviews and recommends enhancements regarding product, application or documentation in order to continuously improve service quality to the business
- Oversees, prepare and maintain technical documentation for IT Operations as required
Perform other management assigned tasks as required.
- Four years practical or hands-on experience in a Systems Administrator or Engineer role, Microsoft administration/engineer certification or equivalent, Experience in gaming, hospitality and retail systems is desirable.
- 3-4 years experience with Windows 2003/2008 Server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory.
- 2-3 years experience in messaging systems (Exchange 2003/2010 and Blackberry/Windows Mobile).
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools. (eg. Altiris, SMS, and Microsoft Operations Manager or Microsoft System Center).
- Experience with VMWare and blade servers.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations to include experience with routers & switches, Internet firewalls, and wireless technology.
- Experience with Juniper and Extreme Networks products (switches and firewalls) are highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of network services configuration setup and administration (DNS, DHCP, VPN appliances, Radius, Web Proxy, Certificate Authority, secure shell, secure FTP).
- Advanced hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced systems performance monitoring and network troubleshooting (PerfMon, MRTG, WireShark)
- Windows scripting skills (wscript, cscript, batch files) is desirable
- Some knowledge of database administration, specifically SQL Server is desirable.
- Experience supporting telephone systems, specifically Avaya is desirable.
- Experience supporting systems used by the hotel/casino resort – including IGT/Acres, Micros POS, Micros Opera, NSB, Peoplesoft is desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well independently.
- Above average organization skills, excellent communication skills, and can demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Considered an out of the box thinker and displays a willingness to learn.
- A valid Nevada Gaming License is required and must be obtained before entering this position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
What happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. It also happens in China. Wynn Resorts, the brainchild of gaming mogul and former Mirage...