An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Footwear Developer for our Smithfield, RI location. At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. It generated $33.4 billion in sales in 2010 and currently employs 130,000 people in 100 countries. The company has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Life Safety (HLS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HLS innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in many growing industries, including commercial fire systems, smoke and gas detection, personal protective equipment (PPE), and home and hospital patient monitoring. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HLS technology in the products, software, and solutions all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
- Develop footwear (including cohesive footwear collections) based on product briefs or other direction from design sketch to commercialization handoff to GOG / sourcing partners. Keeps to product development calendar, key dates, and milestones.
- Translate design sketches into technical footwear drawings executable for the footwear development process; work with designer to create technical drawings for upper patters and outsoles/components to provide detailed information for execution by the factory/development team.
- Creates prototype / confirmation sample specifications for design projects and incorporates into "tech pack" (blueprint, cross section) for relevant domestic or sourced developers. Performs corrections on prototypes and all subcomponents to ensure high quality samples are available to the sales team and customers.
- Communicates regularly and clearly with appropriate associate developers, product development team members, supply chain, factory product development staff, raw material vendors and manufacturers to ensure products are developed in keeping with brief specs and goals.
- Assists in the confirmation and commercialization of adopted footwear SKU's.
- Work with suppliers and vendors research, choose and/or develop brand appropriate materials and components.
- Manage P&L results for various projects.
- Manage multiple assignments.
- Interpret 1st level 2d sketches from designers and make them brand appropriate.
- Direct footwear development process to ensure the end product (confirmation sample, mass produced product) matches the original vision.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%.
2 years of experience in footwear product development.
2 years of experience using Excel, i.e., reports, pivot tables, etc.
2 years of experience with PowerPoint.
Engineering degree a plus.
Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Safety footwear development.
To view and apply for this position, please visit www.careersathoneywell.com and reference job number 00211594.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx .
Honeywell - 17 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...