LOUISIANA NATIONAL GUARD
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED : This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
LOCATION : NGLA-JLO-ME (UTES-M), MINDEN, LA
This position is located in the Joint Forces
HeadquartersState, Logistics Directorate (J-4/G-4), Surface Maintenance
Facility. The purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, control, and
monitor the status of equipment maintenance; and to assist a higher-graded
Open Areas of Consideration: 1
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION :
Area 1 = Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
NOTICE : THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES ALL EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL PERSONS HIRED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. KEY REQUIREMENTS
Must be a member of the Louisiana National Guard. DUTIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
(1) Establishes plans and schedules for maintenance and repair, using multiple process production methods and procedures for a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided mi ssile systems, and small arms. Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments. Using readiness, production and management reports available from the current automation support program and/or manual system, provides status of equipment, maintenance actions in progress, and location of equip ment as required or requested. Responsible for data input of work order information, status changes, supply updates, a nd other pertinent information. Makes on-the-spot adjustments to repair priorities necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements.
(2) Ensures Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports, and system management. Based on guidance received, prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units. Ensures that Army Materiel Status System (AMSS) equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in a timely manner to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
(3) Programs workload, shop space, and available personnel on a short and long-term basis. Conducts initial and long range planning on matters which include multiple process production, maintenance operations, equipment readiness, including mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, annual training requirements, mobilization requirements; and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
(4) Ensures that unit Class 9 (CL IX) accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness. Performs demand analysis on unit CL IX expenses to determine proper stockage to sustain unit mission requirements.
(5) Designates and maintains current maintenance priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commanders priority, state/national priorities (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations), and unit supported. Using the current automation support system, authorizes the acceptance of equipment for repair; monitors work priorities, current status, and completion of work orders; requisitions and provides status of repair parts; and assures the effective utiliz ation of maintenance personnel. Provides both standard and ad hoc reports on the status of work orders to the supervisor and/or units. Assists supervisory personnel regarding readiness, CL IX funding, production problems and work planning. Assists in the resolution of problems encountered between scheduled or unscheduled production or priority requirements.
(6) Analyzes repair methods and develops control procedures and policies to assure accomplishment of programs to meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority or support activities . Ensures that this is performed in the most effective and efficient manner possible with good quality control and quality assurance procedures in place. Coordinates with units and other support activities concerning the delivery, status of repair operations, and/or pi ck up of completed work orders. Coordinates with logistical personnel, equipment specialists, higher ranked management officials, item managers at depots concerning critical shortages of repair parts required to support the maintenance repair program.
(7) Provides technical guidance and oversight to a lower -graded Production Controller. May provide guidance and oversight of mechanics, Tools and Parts Attendants, or other positions assisting in the maintenance production or mai ntenance management processes. Ensures necessary maintenance workers are available and that required reports are submitted to units and higher headquarters in a timely manner.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE : Experience, education, or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : Twelve (12) months of experience, education or training which provided the candidate with the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities listed below.
I. Knowledge of the Army maintenance management System (TAMMS).
II. Knowledge of SAMS 1 and interpretation of all SAMS-1 reports.
III. Knowledge of MS Office programs.
IV. Knowledge of ULLS-G operation and the integration with SAMS-1.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS : Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade prior to the effective date of placement. Selectee must also be in a compatible military assignment (MOS/AFSC) prior to or within one year of placement.
Military Grades :
Compatible Military Assignments :
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- ENL: CMF 91, 94; MOS: 92A, F, Y, Z;
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. BENEFITS:
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For addtional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For addtional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp OTHER INFORMATION:
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...