For a professional workplace with one of the nation’s leading providers of Health Care Services and Solutions to the Correctional Marketplace, Correct Care Solutions (CCS) has a reputation for the highest standards of integrity and quality and we are recognized as the best in the business. CCS is primary care medicine done right!
Correctional healthcare is one of the safest, most rewarding, and professional careers in the healthcare field. CCS is currently seeking an experienced FULLTIME Physician for 40 hours a week at Howard Young Correctional Institution in Wilmington, DE
A Physician is one who provides a full range of medical services for inmates. They provide required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. They notify the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assist in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
Our compensation is competitive and we will work around your schedule!
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Conducts on-site sick call and chronic care clinics, as established by Medical Director.
- Review and countersigns therapeutic orders and corresponding progress notes of inmates seen by the P.A./ARNP, if applicable, ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters in the patient's progress notes, as applicable.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Experience In: Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health preferred (Board Certification)
- Licenses/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as a Physician within the state.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Maintains a current DEA number.
Correct Care Solutions is an EEO Employer