Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
New York, NY
For nearly 100 years, Planned Parenthood has promoted a commonsense approach to women’s health and well-being, based on respect for each individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about health, sex, and family planning.
We are a trusted health care provider, an informed educator, a passionate advocate, and a global partner helping similar organizations around the world. Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide.
The Web Development Team supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable internal website development, web application development and infrastructure support for Planned Parenthood web properties.
We’re looking for a professional QA Analyst to develop detailed test plans and conduct quality assurance testing during our Content Management System (CMS) migration project. This project is centered on rebuilding Planned Parenthood's national health website, including all Planned Parenthood affiliate websites, in the Concrete5 CMS. This position allows for flexible hours (evenings, weekends) but this is not a requirement.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Web Developers
- Develop use cases and QA plans
- Test against documented requirements, regression testing, perform periodic end-to-end workflow tests
- Report bugs and manage their resolution based on severity, priority and impact on delivery dates
- Prepare and present regular status reports
- Work on additional projects and assignments as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 3 years of professional work experience as a QA analyst
- Experience with QA testing enterprise level applications and testing related to web development experience
- Proven ability to test against business and technical requirements, develop use cases, produce descriptive, reproducible defect reports and track overall progress toward deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work with colleagues on all levels in a multicultural, fast-paced, short-timeline, detail-oriented environment
- Fast learner, creative problem solver
Proficiency in PHP/MySQL and/or the Concrete 5 CMS
- Familiarity with Smartsheet or equivalent project management software
- Help desk experience
This is a temporary, full-time position from mid-February through July, or until the CMS migration is complete
Planned Parenthood - 10 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...