The Voluntary Market Coordinator will serve as RSL’s field-based subject matter expert (SME) group, working alongside RSL’s traditional group sales force and NSO (service) teams. He/she will work alongside the Sales and Account Management team to ensure the effective development and execution of strategies designed to maximize market and client-level enrollment results.
The Voluntary Market Coordinator will serve as the enrollment leader for voluntary business. In addition to maximizing new business enrollment results, he/she will proactively identify and drive the re-enrollment process for under-penetrated existing clients within our in-force block of business. As the subject matter expert for Voluntary in his/her assigned territory, he/she will work closely with the Account Manager and/or Sales Representative to implement customized retail strategies for existing voluntary policyholders where incremental revenue opportunities may exist.
Additionally, he/she will provide ongoing field office training, consultative broker support and will participate in finalist presentations as a subject matter expert to our field sales team. Success will be measured based upon the successful attainment of applicable enrollment and growth goals for his/her assigned territories.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Post-sale (Enrollment) support responsibilities:
Lead the enrollment process for business sold within assigned territory, including but not limited to:
Sales support responsibilities:
- Assume total ownership of RSL’s voluntary enrollment process for assigned territories, including client level strategies, internal and third party resource allocation and budget management.
- Coordinate and lead enrollment presentation and benefit fair events
- Work with Marketing and the local RSO to develop customized presentations based on the value proposition of RSL’s product offerings to prospective enrollees. Create and implement client-specific (retail) strategies for key new customers.
- Perform enrollment resource/logistical coordination for extra-territorial and multi-site clients (within and outside assigned territory when required).
- Provide client implementation support, in coordination with the designated account management resource.
In-force book support responsibilities:
- Participate in finalist presentations to leverage RSL enrollment strategies and support, in coordination with the RSL sales team as required.
- Implement proactive broker education and awareness strategies to expand RSL’s voluntary product pipeline.
- Provide voluntary plan enrollment training to sales team and service staff in assigned territories.
- Maintain an ongoing market awareness of local/regional buying preferences and competitor capabilities.
- Perform ongoing home office advocacy regarding market-specific differentiation opportunities.
- Actively work the in-force book of voluntary-only business to identify under-penetrated voluntary clients for re-enrollment
- Continually evaluate the in-force book of business for re-enrollment opportunities on under-penetrated voluntary clients, influencing and participating (as the SME) in proactive broker/policy holder dialogue to secure buy-in for a re-enrollment strategy.
- Partner with Sales and/or Account Management to pro-actively source, qualify and drive the cross sales process for in-force “employer paid” RSL clients. This includes (but is not limited to) performing a proactive book of business review on a periodic basic with the assigned regional/national Account Managers within the assigned territory.
- As the Voluntary SME for the market, the Product Coordinator may be called upon to facilitate the successful resolution of elevated client service issues as required.
Education, Qualifications and Experience :
- A Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in a market-facing selling, distribution or service role
- Superior knowledge of group employee benefits, including subject matter expertise in the areas of short-term and long –term disability, as well as group life insurance is required
- Experience servicing voluntary or contributory lines, as well as conducting and leading enrollment events is strongly preferred
- Superior presentation and influencing skills are required
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities in a high pressure, autonomous environment.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory, including periodic overnight travel is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Life and Health license required
Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Employers of all sizes can rely on Reliance Standard for insurance and other benefits products. Reliance Standard Life Insurance, a...