Cardiac Cath Lab Radiologic Tech
(PRN-as needed hours only) collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in providing care to patients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Catherization Lab. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Competently operates radiologic equipment including ability to trouble shoot in order to solve equipment related problems.
• Operates hemodynamic monitoring computer during procedures.
• Performs decentralized testing, according to protocol.
• Assists the R.N. in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the Cath Lab patient.
• Coordinates and organizes supplies, equipment and instruments needed for Cath Lab procedures.
• Provides assistance to physicians performing Cath Lab procedures.
• Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
• Assists with transporting patients.
• Orients and mentors staff.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
• ARRT Certification
• Current Florida ARRT or RCIS licensure.
• Working knowledge of computerized hemodynamic monitoring.
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Radiology Tech
• Previous experience in a Cath Lab setting preferred.
• Current Certification in Basic Life Support
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long periods of time
HCA Inc - 18 months ago