The Application Supportand Report Manager in the Information ServicesDepartment will be responsible for the team that fulfills data and reportrequests, provides application and end user support, develops and supports webforms within the Universitys alumni/donor online community, and investigatesand resolves transactional and data-related issues of Blackbauds Fundraising systems.
Education & Experience
- Manage and coordinate overall program support for Blackbauds fundraising systems utilized by the University Advancement community.
- Manage and coordinate efforts that support Foundation reporting infrastructure and development
- Oversee a strong testing and validation methodology to ensure that the reports and the presented information can be relied upon by the user community
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the projects and assignments of the application support and report team members
- Using advanced analytical skills, provide comprehensive assessments to management that interpret patterns and trends, and determine overall data quality
- Assist in the design and validation for the FSU University Advancement data warehouse
- Fulfill data requests for mailing lists, donor rolls, audit reports, demographic and giving analyses
- Produce and support the production of standard and custom reports utilizing data warehouse and transactional systems
- Perform business requirements gathering and analysis, and clearly communicate findings to various stakeholders
- Design, create and maintain application and business process related documentation
- Effectively utilize Team Foundation Server in proper source code management.
- Provide appropriate service, support and advice to end users regarding technical, application and reporting issues
- Provide guidance on business processes with the aim of improving efficiency, eliminating redundancy and maximizing the use of Foundation information systems
- Responsible for the supervision, training, work plans and evaluations of direct reports
- Monitor and enforce change management policies and procedures
- Participates as a member of the FSU Advancement Data Integrity Committee (FADIC)
- Protects confidential information
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of report development from a complex database environment.
- Minimum of 5 years programming in SQL or similar query language
- Minimum of 5 years utilizing Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or similar tools to import, export, query, analyze, and report on data
- Minimum of 3 years providing support of CRM software
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) (other BI tools such as Cognos or Business Objects may substitute) preferred.
- Experience with source control systems, Team Foundation Server (TFS) preferred.
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Experience eliciting and documenting business system requirements
- Previous management experience in a technical environment required
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Understanding of standard IT policies and procedures, including usage of test environments and change procedures
- Strong aptitude for diagnosing end user problems, identifying and implementing solutions
- Excel at uncovering hidden trends in a volume of data
- Working knowledge of relational database architectures
- Excellent prioritization, time management/multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of higher education or other non-profit fundraising principles strongly preferred
- 18 months ago - save job
Florida State University is among the most efficient of the nation's highest ranked universities, according to a new list released Dec. 8 by...