Performs skilled tasks associated with troubleshooting, diagnosis, mechanic repair, and maintenance of assorted heavy and light duty equipment
• Comply with all Federal, Coast Guard, OSHA and Company Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
• Performs skilled tasks associated with troubleshooting, diagnosis, mechanic repair, and maintenance of assorted heavy and light duty equipment.
• Inspects, adjusts and repair electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Read and understand charts, blueprints and manuals.
• Inspect and operate hand and power tools employed in all phases of equipment maintenance and repair.
• Operates cutting torches and related equipment.
• Ability to weld various types of metal.
• Operates mobile equipment as needed.
• Participate in and successfully complete required training and related testing.
• Actively participate in and promote safety and environmental programs.
• Perform all other duties as required.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred
Trade school and or mechanical certificates preferred.
Job Requirements (specific experience, skills, knowledge, certificates, competencies, working conditions):
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
• Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements including but not limited to: walking up and down stairs/ladders (over 50 feet); negotiating uneven surfaces and carrying 50 pounds frequently.
• Meet training, certification and qualification requirements on assigned equipment.
• Must have the ability to work as a valued team member, take direction from supervision, keep required work schedule, maintain a high degree to attention to detail and follow all applicable rules, policies and regulations.
• Work schedule as assigned (days/evening shifts) including weekend and overtime assignments
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions decimals).
• Successful completion of mandatory drug screen and background check upon job offer.
• Ability to attain TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) as issued by TSA (Transportation Security Administration).
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Mechanical aptitude and experience related to electrical circuitry and hydraulics preferred
• Heavy equipment maintenance experience preferred.
• Basic computer skills is preferred
Kinder Morgan - 10 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...