Encapsulates individuals who manage projects and programs within IT.
• Manages moderately complex projects or multiple simple projects.
• Total managed project budget up to $5 million.
• Project complexity includes multiple sites and up to 5 interdependent work tracks.
• Accountable for the success criteria, development, publication and updating of project deliverables.
• With support, develops and executes user adoption, implementation and training plans.
• Balances schedule, scope and budget, renegotiate with sponsor as needed.
• Understands and applies knowledge of change management process on projects.
• Responsible for accurate time reporting for project work they are leading.
• Manages the tracking of interdependencies within their scope of responsibilities.
• Negotiates agreement on project schedule and budgets.
• Responsible for measuring "on budget" reporting for assigned scope.
• Directs or may develop the quality/testing strategies for the project.
• Determines resource requirements and with support procures resources.
• Tracks and reports on project and deliverable status and manages variances.
• Develops and manages issue escalation and the resolution process.
• Facilitates risk management planning, identification planning and control for projects commensurate with these projects.
• Helps evaluate business cases for vendor requirements.
• Contributes to monitoring and managing vendor performance to ensure contract commitments are met.
• Understands all project delivery life cycle phases and applies knowledge in the delivery of at least two phases of the project delivery life cycle. May oversee the receipt and deployment of hardware/software.
• Ensures project alignment with business strategy and architecture.
• Develops solutions that align with strategic direction and standards.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in project management.
• Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
• Full knowledge of industry practices.
• Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
• Participates in internal and external forums to develop expertise in project management methodologies. Applies concepts to resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
• Applies IT methods or recognized equivalents appropriate to the specific needs of the project/client.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
• Health Care and Information Technology experience and knowledge.
• Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM®) from the Project Management Institute.
• Proficient in RPM for time reporting, scheduling, and project management.
• Understands Remedy to review release schedules.
• Understands Ariba to procure goods and services.
• Understands Cognos for financial processes.
• Understands Borland suite for requirements, testing, and document management.
• Should have managed project budget of up to $5 million.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....