Posted Date: 5/17/2012
Cost Center: 672
Category: Professional Services
About the Job
Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai's enterprise customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate with customer web sites, develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy.
Akamai’s Professional Services team calls upon its Internet expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 2,000 Akamai customers.
- Work independently to evaluate a customer’s web architecture and deliver the appropriate integration solution. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating the customers' content management and publishing processes, web application architecture, security requirements, DNS configurations, and provide detailed documentation for a custom solution that satisfies the customers' business and technical requirements.
- Propose technically feasible solutions and work closely with customers and pre-sales teams to implement customer projects. Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the customer for all technical issues and technical deliverables during the integration.
- Work closely with Account Management, Sales professionals, engineering, product development and Customer Care to resolve technical issues that arise during customer trials or integrations.
- Identify new product features and during integrations and communicate those features to product development.
- Track and document status and time spent on customer integrations.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improving our methodology and quality of integrations.
- Review and assess the technical quality of customer integrations.
- Deliver certification training on Akamai products and services to internal Akamai employees, to Akamai customers, and to Akamai consulting partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/MIS or relevant technical field experience.
- 2+ years of related professional work experience.
- 2+ years IT solution delivery experience, preferably within a consulting organization.
- 3-5 years of IT solution delivery experience within a consulting organization in progressively responsible positions, including experience as a project technical team lead or as a project architect.
- Experience working on enterprise scale J2EE or .NET projects with direct client exposure, including recent J2EE or .NET coding experience.
- Experience in one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures.
- Rich Media Experience( Flash or Silverlight) a plus.
- Must possess a good understanding of consulting best practices, and common web and application architectures.
- Must have excellent client, development and technical skills, expertise with various web publishing environments and architectures, and documentation experience.
- Must be action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems; able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: Yes
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.