Architect - Server Competitive Solutions
In this position, you will be responsible for the architecture definition of the next generation server platform. You will lead a heavily matrixed organization responsible for the evaluation of future server usages and trends. In addition, you will explore relevant technologies and architecture concepts and integrate them into innovative, cohesive architecture proposals. The ooutput of this effort will provide critical input into the next generation of Intel Corporation server products. The successful candidate will have broad server industry experience, including experience with SOC based server architectures and relevant technologies such as memory, storage and networking. The role requires excellent communication skills and customer presence.
You must possess a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and:
- 6+ years of experience in computer architecture with server architecture skills and background with industry experience.
- 2+ years of experience with server SOC architecture and design
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Working experience in micro-processor architecture and design and strong understanding of RISC based microarchitectures is highly desired. Knowledge of Intel® architecture, server system architecture and general micro-architecture concepts is preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Team leadership responsibility preferred
- Needs to be able to effectively communicate and organize activities that span multiple organizations
- Needs to be capable of working in an environment filled with ambiguity and working across geo's
- Exceptional written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Able to assume responsibility and be proactive taking initiative to address issues, set direction and meet commitments
USA-California, Folsom, USA-California, Santa Clara, USA-Massachusetts
Mar 26, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.