About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join an innovative software team developing a real-time, cross-platform server application as part of an enterprise loyalty solution for the retail industry. He or she will join a small team of developers and will be given the opportunity to shoulder significant responsibility. We are looking for a strong developer who is self-motivated and demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Learn, modify, and extend the existing solution with an emphasis on maintainability, performance, and flexibility to meet stringent performance standards, growing demand and diverse functionality
• Support the integration of the application into testing and production environments
• Participate in the testing and documentation of the application
• Participate in the performance analysis of the application
• Participate in the ongoing design of the solution
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology is a plus or related field; or extensive experience as a substitute
• Strong C++ experience
• Strong object-oriented programming (OOP) background
• TCP/IP server socket-level programming experience
• SQL relational database experience
• US Permanent Resident
• Experience developing applications for a global customer base
• Experience developing cross-platform applications
• Experience with the Qt development platform
• Experience with SVN, Eclipse/CDT, and Doxygen
• Experience with Linux distributions; Suse, Debian, Red Hat
• Client/server programming experience for the Microsoft Windows platform
• Minimum 3 years experience in software analysis/development and systems development
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Jan 8, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
NCR - 14 months ago
Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker of ATMs....