Senior Associate: Field Technician
Technical Support Services
USA-DC: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON
Remote Work Authorized
Mar 28, 2013, 2:30:21 PM
Help desk deskside Tier II support, general PC technician skills, testing, help desk level 1, Microsoft Windows Desktop, Microsoft Servers and Microsoft Office applications.
Novell NetWare, Novell GroupWise and SUSE LINUX experience helpful
Immediate Desktop support engineer opening for long term stable contract in downtown DC supporting Federal Agency. Office is right across the street from New York Avenue Red Line Metro. Position offers technical challenges and professional growth. Join a team of professionals with a wonderful manager for challenging work. This position will be filled by a go-getter and self starter with a “can do” personality.
Mid-Level Desktop Support services shall include maintenance of a standard desktop configuration, testing, upgrades to the standard configuration, troubleshooting problems, and responding to end user requests for assistance.
Desktop installation, upgrade, and hardware/software troubleshooting support are required at the headquarters location. The candidate shall provide support in resolving hardware, software, and operating system problems in a multi-server Novell, Windows and SUSE Linux environment via telephone, email, or deskside service. The candidate shall use the Government supplied trouble ticket system and tools for documenting all work performed. Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Assistance with printing and scanning banners, graphics.
· Installing or de-installing user applications, moving computers
· Maintain Desktop Operating System (currently Microsoft XP) and provide testing, trouble shooting, documentation, and consultation to assure all applications can run under FDCC compliant guidelines.
· Provide Operating System updates, upgrades as required by the Government.
· Backfill responsibilities on the help desk.
· Perform hardware memory upgrades, network interface card installs, imaging of computers, and Windows XP upgrades or successor as required.
· Maintain applications as configured. This includes maintaining and updating letterhead for all offices, application upgrades, installs and de-installs as needed.
· Support all applications and resolve problems as required to keep applications available for use by staff.
· Test and create documentation for IT applications for users and for equipment deployments.
· Installation and support of printers, and scanners and other peripherals.
· Provide remote support to teleworkers and field offices.
· Provide Remote Training support and technical instruction to staff using Remote Conferencing Tools (i.e. Microsoft LiveMeeting, AT&T Interwise, Adobe Connect, etc).
- Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ten or more years of field support experience
- Experience working with the company
- 's hardware, software and equipment products
Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
Good interpersonal skills to resolve field support problems
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good communication skills
Good time management and organizational skills
Ability to resolve complex hardware/software and equipment problems
Ability to provide guidance to other field engineers
Willingness to travel
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...