Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
The Senior Editor/Communications Specialist is a member of Symantec's Leadership & Employee Development team. We provide professional soft skills development for all employees, from individual contributors through executives. Using communication best practices, this individual will work to engage our employee audience in the development opportunities we offer. This person will also support the communication needs of the Global Talent Organization, including Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion.Responsibilities
- Compose, proofread, and edit communications for Leadership & Employee Development and the Global Talent Organization. Typical communications include course announcements, development program newsletters, onboarding communications, internal initiative messages, and intranet site content.
- Manage internal and cross-functional projects, assuming responsibilities such as assessing project scope and preparing and overseeing project plans.
- Stay on top of communication design and delivery trends and in-house capabilities in order to recommend new formats, delivery methods, and touchpoints for our communications
- Monitor communication effectiveness and make format and delivery recommendations for improvement.
- Drive the development and implementation of communications in collaboration with cross-functional team members, providing guidance on the best ways to communicate information to our employees.Qualifications
- Bachelor's in Communications, Technical Writing or related field preferred.
- 4-6 years experience writing and editing communications for an internal audience, preferably with a global organization.
- Excellent two-way oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in writing clear, concise internal communications for worldwide stakeholders, demonstrated with writing samples.
- Outstanding project management/organizational skills that enable you to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with a variety of communication vehicles and rolling out social media to a large, decentralized employee base.
- Collaborative style and excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with peers, colleagues, and key internal contacts.
- Skilled at working with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Experience in social media rollouts a plus.
Symantec - 23 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...