As part of the operations team, the Accounting Room Auditor is responsible for keeping records of financial transactions for the store and safeguarding Company assets, performing all accounting operations and assisting at the front end when needed.
Focus of Position:
Positively demonstrate the companys Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
Skills and Competencies:
- Open, close, count, log, and balance the safe fund
- Prepare the tills for register drawers
- Make change for registers throughout the day
- Prepare, balance, and audit the Daily Sales Report
- Update all logs daily, including store credits, layaways, gift certificates and safe fund
- Log all cashier variances
- Reconcile and balance cashier tills and paperwork
- Monitor the register detail tapes
- Open registers at the beginning of the day
- Act as liaison between the store and sales audit department
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
- Assist with auditing and editing the schedules with the BEST system, maintaining integrity in all scheduling and ensuring schedules are compliant with company standards
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to maintain organized records and performing accounting functions
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Coat Factory - 21 months ago
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.