POSITION SUMMARY and ROLE PURPOSE:
The Operations Team Leader is a member of the Operations leadership team directing operational and technical professionals with skills pertaining to surface and subsurface matters. The Operations team is responsible for executing work programs safely, meeting production targets, optimizing day-to-day production and stewarding the operating budget. Some examples of work programs include well spotting, road use agreements, coordinating well flowbacks, commissioning and start-up of facilities, developing procedures for well work, well data gathering, production surveillance, interfacing with government officials, interfacing with land owners, interfacing with internal business partners, small project management, establishing an equipment integrity plan, advancing Production Excellence programs. The position is based in Steubenville, Ohio and frequent business trips to the Houston office are required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES:
- Direct a team of engineers responsible for well surveillance & intervention, subsea intervention, facility maintenance, and project management.
- Achieve performance expectations for the production system, ensuring safety while enhancing the mechanical integrity and reliability.
- Provide day-to-day production operations, EHS and business leadership to the team.
- Coach, develop, and mentor staff.
- Promote collaborative partnerships across the functional organization, particularly the Houston engineering teams, to ensure a transparent operating organization.
- Drive Continuous Improvement: Provide leadership for Production Excellence expectations and HSE management systems that ensures the safety of people, facilities and environment while adhering to company policies.
- Drive Continuous Improvement: Direct a team of technicians responsible for tracking the key performance indicators, including EHS data, budget, deferred production, production & injection volumes, etc., as well as managed production databases and generating daily production reports.
- Drive Continuous Improvement: Prepare, manage, monitor and report the area production operating budget, business plan inputs and key performance indicators.
- Drives High Performance: Manage the work planning process and steward the execution of the agreed work program.
- Drive High Performance: Monitor the performance of the key support contractors, including in house operational support functions to maximize business efficiency.
- Create Effective Teams: Demonstrate effective team work and appropriate business behaviors.
- Develop Talent: Coach, mentor and challenge with an aim to progress career development
- Develop and exhibit the Hess Habits while challenging the staff to similar behavior.
- 8+ years oil & gas industry experience, including at least 4-yrs in production operations.
- Experience with well performance modeling using nodal analysis.
- Proficient in production operations & petroleum engineering concepts and application.
- Knowledgeable with tendering and contracting procedures.
- Experience with well intervention supervision
- Experience in developing a cohesive and motivated team
- Must be capable of aligning, prioritizing and executing work plans of local and Houston based technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Deep knowledge in EHS procedures and desire for continuous improvement
- Experience in subsurface engineering, well construction and development issues.
- High personal integrity and role model type behavior.
- Ability to work under pressure. Good presentation skills.
- Ability to support essential business behaviors.
- Ability to work effectively as either a leader or a team member.
- Exhibit a mature and structured approach to issue resolution with focus on solutions.
- Must be capable of working long hours in a demanding environment.
- Ability to work outside
BS in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent or extensive operational experience
Americas-United States-OH-Ohio - North
Hess - 12 months ago
Integrated oil and gas company Hess Corporation has corporate exploration and production operations in Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazi...