Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $10 billion in revenues and about 570,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, heavy manufacturing, and agricultural vehicle dealers throughout the world.
JASS Engineering within Application Tier Engineering is responsible for the administration of JEE application servers for ADP (the majority of these being WebSphere Application Server). This group works closely with various development and engineering organizations to design and build scalable, high performance, and highly available JEE platforms to support development through production runtime environments. This position is for a WebSphere Applicaton Server specialist within the JEE engineering group.
Experience, Skills, Academic:
• Minimum of 10 Years experience in IT
• At least 5 years of WebSphere Application Server engineering/administration experience (certifications desirable)
• Systems Engineering/Administration experience building and configuring system infrastructures in support of web-based applications.
• Experience as a WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and/or WebSphere Portal administrator including resource configuration, application deployment, application debugging/tuning with WAS V6 and above
• Working knowledge of HTML, XML, and scripting tools.
• Functional knowledge of and hands-on experience with Unix/Linux systems and shell scripting.
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess a strong work ethic and be willing/available to work extended hours and weekends as necessary to complete assigned tasks and projects.
• Must be a team player who freely and openly shares work related information with co-workers.
• Must be open to others suggestions and must be willing to provide input.
• Must be comfortable supporting and working closely with, in a professional manner, cross functional teams comprised of personnel from Operations, Development, Quality Assurance, and End user communities.
• Must be available to provide 24x7 on-call support to troubleshoot and resolve system problems of a complex nature
• Must possess a knowledge of Microsoft office products, Visio, PowerPoint and effectively utilizing these tools to develop system documentation such as run books, system topology diagrams, hardware/software specifications.
• Must be capable of working effectively in a fast-paced demanding environment
• Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage time supporting multiple concurrent efforts
• Experience developing automated procedures for systems management
• Capacity planning, resource utilization and monitoring, trending, and correlation of resource utilization with key system processes and service levels.
• Application performance tuning experience and insight
• Java/J2EE development experience in a Websphere Application environment is desired.
• Wily Introscope Desired
• Certifications in WebSphere Administration
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
Area of Interest:
United States, Roseland, NJ
Automatic Data Processing - 2 years ago
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource (HR),...