Cooper Lighting is one of the world’s largest
manufacturers of architectural lighting products for
multiple applications utilizing various light sources.
The Denver location has an exciting opportunity for a
multi-talented, leader in a Design Engineering position.
This person will utilize their expertise to produce
final product designs, product improvements, product
customization, detailing, prototyping and
This position requires an aggressive individual with
initiative and drive to engineer and design a
manufacturable product that meets or exceeds customer
expectations, product goals and regulatory requirements.
Measurements of performance include timely completion of
projects, budget management, cost reductions thru
improved design or assembly methods and accurate bills
• Product design, part detailing, prototype procurement
for luminaires from preliminary concept through
implementation into manufacturing. Light sources to
include LED, HID and fluorescent. Design activity to
include new products, customs and product updates.
• Prototype assembly and testing for new products and
• Design and implement custom product, mounting, and
options that conform to Cooper Lighting engineering and
• Work with all stakeholders to ensure that final
product design meets photometric, cosmetic, optical,
electrical, mechanical, cost, safety and options
• Lead meetings, design reviews & tollgate reviews on
product development with an emphasis on safety, quality,
budget and schedule.
• Accurately create bill of materials, drawings, and
instructions for vendors and manufacturing. Maintain all
product documentation in Enterprise Systems.
• Assist in training key Assembly, Planning, Sales,
Customer Service and Purchasing personnel on new product
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Designers report directly to Engineering Manager.
Day-to-day activities require little hands on
• Effective verbal & written communication skills to
interface with managers, vendors, customers and peers.
• Proficiency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel,
MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
• Project management experience would be a plus
• Experience with SAP ERP system a plus.
• Solid working knowledge of sheet metal fabrication,
injection molding, extrusion, casting and other
• Good working knowledge of tolerance analysis, thermal
analysis and control.
• Knowledge of architectural lighting and optical design
principles is desirable
• Experience with the UL certification process would be