The Master Data Management - Systems Architect/Manager provides leadership and guidance to the design and implementation of solutions that contribute to strategic business goals while aligning with the overall Information Systems architecture. The role will lead the application of information systems technology to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our business processes. The enhanced efficiencies will increase our top line growth rate, improve efficiency to increase contribution margin and offer better visibility to enable greater coordination, accountability and predictability. To achieve the goals, this position will work with developers and Subject Matter Experts to identify and improve data quality, data governance and consistency of data usage in our applications and processes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Will hire a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the MDM architecture and design for a major SAP implementation, developing the over-arching MDM strategy across SAP and legacy complimentary systems.
Set strategy and oversee design for significant master data management related work, such as Enterprise master data domain models, enterprise hierarchies, master data integration, master data quality, etc.
Lead efforts to define execution standards for all MDM architectural components (master data integration, master data modeling, governance and workflow modeling, platform etc.).
Coordinate and lead meetings to review the design of the master data components of all analytical (enterprise data warehouse/enterprise BI) as well as enterprise operational projects. This will include high-level design of the overall solution and detailed design of the MDM components.
Provide leadership and guidance to project teams and other architects (e.g. EDW Architects, EA Architects) on all aspects of MDM architecture (MDM data model, MDM tools, MDM data integration, master data quality, MDM operations, master data security, etc.)
Facilitate Data Governance meetings with business leaders for topics related to master data management (e.g. hierarchies, master data systems of record, master data flows, master data quality, operational and analytical system changes related to master data improvements).
Work with project teams to determine what new project data is appropriately captured in the MDM system and retained for future projects.
Work with source system, SME’s and business teams to determine which source systems are the best sources (and targets where applicable) of Master Data for the MDM system.
Be responsible for developing and maintaining standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, storing, cleansing, and transforming within the enterprise. This also includes methodologies, tools and governance frameworks. Must coordinate with other stakeholders to implement checkpoint reviews and periodic audits to ensure these standard artifacts are effective.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field.
· At least 10 years overall experience in IT applications development or consulting related to IT applications development
· At least 7 years in technical development and leadership roles on Master Data Management projects, specifically in complex SAP systems environments, with significant experience in the majority of these activities
Deep understanding of best practice business processes to support MDM activities
· Expert level knowledge of master data management across customer (CDI), product (PIM), reference data, hierarchy master data, device and resource, location and others.
· Experience integrating MDM products with other systems
· Experience establishing master data governance.
· Solid understanding of meta-data management best practices (experience implementing or operating a meta-data repository is highly desired).
· Demonstrated experience implementing MDM foundational programs such as master data security, master data metadata, master data quality, master data workflow, etc.
· Experience building and maintaining master data repositories
· Demonstrated experience evaluating software in the MDM space
· Experience working in large organizations with geographically dispersed teams and complex technical environments
· Proven track record of implementing and actively managing fundamental information architecture frameworks, methodologies, and architectures
· A clear grasp of the big picture in business, ability to see across the departments and follow the interaction between departments as business processes are executed.
· Ability to work with various levels of peers including developers and executives regarding technology issues.
· Understands issues and details of integrating diverse technology to deliver scalable, robust, and high performance solutions.
· Ability to learn new technologies, applying technology in the solution of business problems and solving problems to root cause.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable influencing and leading others in IST and the business to get results.
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, often ambiguous and event driven environment.
· Effective and sound decision making skills, influencing, and leadership.
· Direct experience with application lifecycles and standard Information Systems development methodologies
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize GMCR to run a Criminal Background Check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks.
GMCR is an eVerify Employer
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 2 years ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...