Senior Systems Administrator (Job Number: 322595)
SAIC's Cyber Solutions Business Unit currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator. This individual will be responsible for performing system administration activities in support of a complex network environment supporting software development.
This individual is responsible for server/router/firewall configuration, account creation, security management, and application performance optimization functions. Environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMWare and Linux server instances. The network includes a local LAN enclave in Maryland plus enclaves at several remote sites across the country, and WAN links connecting the enclaves. Additional responsibilities include
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Providing network administrative support for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the enterprise network environment.
- Provide enterprise LAN support working closely with the IT service provider teams to ensure customer requirements are considered and supported by the evolving the LAN/WAN architecture.
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work.
- Development and implementation of migration plans; determine appropriate circuit capacities; coordinate redesign efforts with the development team and customer; effect changes in routing tables to migrate sites to new networks.
- Providing support to identify and correct WAN hardware, software, and circuit problems.
- Responding to network administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 8+ years of operating systems experience. Viewed as a well-developed technical resource capable of handling moderately complex assignment.
- Experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Must have experience in the following systems: Windows, Cisco Systems, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP.
- Excellent written and communication skills, meticulous and careful in their work.
- Familiarity with and capable of documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification. Individual must be an independent thinker working on their own as well as capable of working within a team.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with installation and lifecycle maintenance of MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010, VMWare ESXi 4.x/5.x, and MS Sharepoint 2007/2010.
- Experience in SA role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2013, 1:04:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...