Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia is currently seeking a Food Editor for Everyday Food magazine. Under the guidance of the Editor in Chief and working with the Deputy Editor and within the Food Team, the Food Editor will develop and produce food-related content for Everyday Food magazine, and test recipes for accuracy in taste and appearance.
- Food styling for photography and video (digital) shoots.
- Generate ideas and story development for features and blog posts that meet the magazine’s mission.
- Develop specific recipe ideas for story assignments for approval by editor in chief.
- Development of recipes for the magazine and across the company when appropriate for books, television, the web, digital editions, broadcast, retail/merchandising, and advertising.
- Develop and test recipes for flavor, accuracy, and ease of use by employing the methodology and criteria designed by the editorial staff.
- Write recipes as per the Everyday Food style and under deadline. Maintain MSLO standards and editorial guidelines.
- Run nutritional information for all finalized recipes using applications and systems in use by editorial staff.
- Shop and order foodstuffs and supplies as needed for development, testing and photography while working under the guidance of the Editorial Business Manager to control costs.
- Assist in the preparation of corporate meals and special corporate events as needed.
- Assist with the testing of retail/merchandise products as needed and under deadline.
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years experience in an editorial or other media environment
- Formal culinary training in a degree program.
- Experience in a professional kitchen preferred, but not essential.
- Experience styling food for editorial photography shoots preferred.
- Prior recipe editing, development and testing experience in an editorial environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- TV presenting skills preferred, but not essential.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia - 2 years ago