Provide functional Oracle Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain application leadership and guidance to client regarding "best practices" and the functionality of the E-Business Suite software modules through all phases of an implementation. Create and maintain effective client relationships. Participate in, and support, profitable business development.
Skills and Abilities
- Functional Lead: Provide functional application leadership and guidance to client regarding “best practices” and the functionality of the software modules through all phases of an implementation. Work with client to develop business solution designs to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Develop innovative solutions using Oracle E-Business Suite for various manufacturing and supply chain business requirements.
- Provide thought leadership around industry best practices for improving operation efficiencies and profitability of client business.
- Marketing Awareness and Client Relationships: Maintain effective relationships with multiple clients and/or vendors. Publish and/or present to user, industry, vendor, and recruiting (job fairs). Assist in maintaining a professional market image for Jibe.
- Participate in the development of Jibe Intellectual Capital by contributing to EBS libraries, submitting papers to various Oracle publications, updating user documentation, and by delivering training, either internally or externally.
- Assist in documenting and performing application set ups for test instances. Thoroughly review application set up and configuration with the appropriate client lead to obtain sign off. Raise issues and work resolutions as they come up to ensure adherence to the project schedule. Work with the respective client functional lead to ensure knowledge transfer. Participate with the respective client functional lead throughout system testing. Provide guidance to the respective client functional lead in the preparation of training materials and class agendas.
- Project Support: Support project team for successful delivery of the client’s business requirements through all phases of the implementation. Lead weekly project status meetings for assigned team and actively participate in project’s weekly status, and/or, issues meetings.
- Staff Support: Acts as mentor for the professional growth of project team personnel, and will provide guidance and support to strengthen skills of all project team members assigned to the projects they manage.
- Leadership: Encourage teamwork and positive working relationships within the project team for all consultants and client members and throughout Jibe.
- Manufacturing or supply chain background (Process, discrete and flow manufacturing.)
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Successful experience as an Oracle Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning, or Distribution Applications Functional Lead on at least 3 full cycle implementations.
- Resolves problems in a timely and effective manner, involving project management as appropriate.
- Successfully manages relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Effectively produces deliverables.
- Coaches and develops others on project team.
- Contributes to presales efforts as required.
- Ability to identify, assess and mitigate relevant risks during bid development and project execution.
Environment and Physical Demands
- BA / BS degree from accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, a directly related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of progressive experience in consulting environment, or a related industry.
- 3 full lifecycle Oracle R12, 11i or 11.03 Manufacturing or Supply Chain implementations.
- Proficient in a minimum of 3 applications with knowledge of 3 to 4 perimeter applications.
- Able to transport portable computer: approximately 20 pounds.
- Work at various client sites which will require travel.
- Travel regionally on a routine basis and nationally / internationally as needed.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.