Senior L1 DSP FW Architect
We are game changers, plain and simple. At Intel Mobile Communications (IMC), we see the everyday differently. As a chance to make a difference. A bar that constantly needs to be raised. It shows in the way we continually challenge the status quo, and defy the cant be done. Because we are relentless problem solvers. Results addicts who are uncommonly analytical and focused. Even a little geeky, some might say. But step inside our world and you will find one brilliant mind after another current and future leaders all working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. Driving us to exceptional results. And opening up unexpected career paths. You will find everything from scientists and engineers to accountants and MBAs, who commit ourselves each day to approaching every challenge with fresh thinking but know that doing so is only possible when our work-life is balanced with our life-life. Through this shared dedication this culture of innovation and exploration we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future.
Intel Mobile Communications Group is seeking a Senior DSP Firmware Architect for the system engineering team with focus on UMTS (3G) and Long Term Evolution (LTE) 3GPP Rel.10 and beyond. In this position you will provide the concepts for the firmware design of Intel's combined 3G and LTE L1 baseband. This includes interface definition to the protocol stack (L2/L3) and the layer 1 controller as well as design and documentation of the overall FW architecture considering real-time, power and HW constraints imposed by the standard or the associated platform components. You will work closely with other system engineering teams, our HW, FW and SW design teams as well as with customers, test houses and telecom equipment manufacturers.
- Firmware architecture definition for DSP subsystems in wireless baseband systems
- Design of modem algorithms for DSP subsystems in wireless baseband systems
- Planning of overall DSP firmware scheduling and task priorities with respect to given realtime constraints and system resources (MIPS, memory) in wireless baseband systems
- Definition of scheduling software for real time operation in wireless baseband systems
- Definition of partitioning between SW, FW and HW
- Support definition and design of HW accelerator blocks for selected DSP tasks
- Performance optimized implementation of DSP algorithms in C and assembly language
(Equalizer, Channel Codecs, ...)
- Define and document FW related requirements including breakdown into FW components for Intel's 3G and LTE products
- Provide FW interface and FW architecture specifications
- Develop test strategies in cooperation with the component verification team
- Provide implementation and debug support to the FW development teams in an international environment
- Drive and conduct code reviews with the FW development team
- Advise project and program management in planning
- Develop and present technical product documentation to customers and for internal training
- Closely follow the 3GPP standardization process
Masters of Science Degree or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on Communications Engineering
- 4 or more years experience in Digital Signal Processing and Communications Engineering.
- 4 or more years experience in real-time embedded software design.
- 4 or more years experience in implementing DSP FW for 3GPP Standards like GSM, UMTS or LTE.
- 4 or more years experience in C++/C programming language.
- Working knowledge of SW engineering tools e.g. for UML modeling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
USA-California, San Diego
Jan 30, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Intel Mobile Communications, a stand-alone business within the Intel Architecture Group, is committed to connect the world with its innovative portfolio of seamless wireless solutions. We develop and market innovative semiconductor products and solutions for wireless communications leveraging our unique advantages in the areas of RF, mixed signal / power management, monolithic integration and comprehensive know-how in cellular software and systems. With more than 4000 talented employees worldwide we power today some of the worlds best-selling smart phones, tablets and Ultra-Low-Cost/ Entry phones. Together we aim for the best user experience in a world where computing and telecommunications technologies are converging and are ideally positioned to fully exploit the enormous market opportunities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...