Works together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Team Leader/Store
Leadership, are met or exceeded. Provides excellent guest service while serving and selling the highest quality foods. Abides by the strictest standards of
physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times.
- Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintain correct department signage and pricing.
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores, and be able to explain to customers.
- Prepare food items: cut, wrap, and price cheese, package, weigh, and price all merchandise.
- Ensure that all shelves and displays are properly stocked and front-facing.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
- Assist other departments when necessary to facilitate guest service.
- Assist with scheduled inventories and reports.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Venue equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- A desire to grow with the Team and 1 year of Beer and Wine knowledge is preferred.
- Some customer service experience required.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Willingness to taste and evaluate all products offered in department.
- A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Possession of a current Serv-Safe certificate, or desire to obtain one.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Use of box cutters and electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
- Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1.00
Benefits Category: 1
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...