Training and Experience · BA or BS degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or Finance or at a minimum 3 to 5 + years experience working in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management environment
- Functions as project Cost Clerk with some guidance, the ideal candidate is able to work independently, handling multiple tasks across multiple projects. The focus is on discrete tasks utilizing multiple cost systems to reach resolution on cost/invoice discrepancies.
- The project tasks will include, but not be limited to: issue work orders, process invoices, reconcile invoices with work order numbers retrieve invoices, l og Invoices for signature, file net run actuals out of SAP, run commitments from MMS, prepare accruals, process accruals report, assemble SAP actuals, and resolve invoice/charge discrepancies within the projects. Prepare invoices, log them, and get them routed for signatures. Work with Accounting and Procurement to determine the invoice amounts charged so accruals can be prepared. Assemble accrual documentation. Collaborate with Project Control teams accounting and procurement in addressing mishandled issues (includes sifting file cabinet data) and reaching closure on issues.
- As part of a team the Cost Clerk is involved in supporting a variety tasks as specified by the Cost Engineer and Project Controls Lead
- The ideal candidate has knowledge of Operating Procedures for Project Controls
- Understanding of a projects scope of work
- May participates “Cost Trending” meetings
- Input or update budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s)
- Print and distribute technical and administrative reports, assembly of monthly report packages
- The successful candidate must have the excellent communication skills, the ability to proactively demonstrate good leadership and be able to function as a productive member of a complex team working with a multitude of teaming partners in a matrix organization.
- The ideal candidate is familiar with Jacobs and/or BP cost systems
Other Essential Functions The successful candidate must have the ability to function as a productive member of a complex team working with a multitude of teaming partners in a matrix organization. Other Requirements From time to time walking, climbing, bending, lifting and extended periods of sitting will be required.
- Extensive experience working multiple clerical support functions in various Petrochemical, Chemical and/or industrial environments.
- Capable of supporting Project Management, Document Control, Accounting, Safety and Project Controls.
- Good budget and cost controls systems experience.
- Familiar with either SAP or Oracle Financials.
- Familiar with cash flow analysis and financial forecasting.
- Use of Microsoft Office Programs with proven Excel skills
The work environment will include potential exposure to all of the conditions associated with a heavy industrial complex and it is paramount that all candidates are committed to their own personal safety and the safety of all coworkers at all times. Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...