Inspect and ensure cleanliness of assigned public space, casino, grounds and employee areas. Responsible for daily checklist, project list, written inspections and other administrative duties. Supervises the day-to-day activities of the EVS Porters and Windows & Grounds employees.
1. Report to work fit and ready to work on time daily as scheduled. Checks schedule daily to learn of any changes necessary to accommodate unplanned business conditions.
2. Communicates with coordinator, supervisor or Department Head regarding any and all needs affecting work performance, completion of duties, attendance and guest service.
3. As directed, properly uses time keeping equipment and systems to record all time worked. Adheres to posted schedule and as adjusted by the manager, relating to work hours, breaks, and duty schedule or station/duty assignments.
4. Read, understand and practice all policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Handbook. Asks for assistance if unable to read or understand any items contained in the handbook. Takes appropriate action to report any policy violations or problems as outline the handbook, to the supervisor/manager.
5. Make suggestions to appropriate supervisor/manager regarding any suggestions for improving guest service, department or job efficiency.
6. Reports to Manager any items requiring maintenance or repair. Pays particular attention to safety related matters and reports such items immediately. If dangerous, take precautions to prevent injury until help arrives to respond to the situation. (Example: An open, raised carpet seam in a busy walkway in which someone might catch his/her foot and fall)
7. Reports to manager, supervisor and Security Officer any incidents involving illness or injury to self or others, and any accidents or onset of illness incidents witnessed involving guests or other team members.
8. Responsible to maintain confidentiality of all matter regarding guest, team members and the business operations. Required to cooperate with Company officials during an investigation.
9. Follows proper procedures for lost and found of personal items, found money or gaming tokens. (Contact Security Officer)
10. Any and all related job duties as requested, even if not part of the regular job description, particularly if it affects safety of any individual and/or guest service.
11. Assists in achieving the highest possible cleaning standards for the facility.
12. Interview and make hiring recommendations, trains, evaluates and disciplines
13. Team members according to preset standards.
14. Inspect all areas of the resort for cleanliness and maintenance.
15. Plans, directs, assigns ands supervises cleaning projects in all public and back of house spaces and grounds.
16. Reviews and updates all work stations and job procedures.
17. Responsible for all control procedures such as keys, chemicals, logging of phone calls.
18. Follows and enforces established key and chemical procedures.
19. Follows and enforces safety and lost and found procedures and guidelines for energy conservation.
20. Follows departmental policies and procedures as assigned by Manager
1. High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Good communication skills, knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment preferred but not required.
3. At least one years-supervisory experience preferred. Hospitality background preferred but not required.
REPORTS TO: EVS Manager
SUPERVISES: Housekeeping Porters
Windows and Grounds
Hoosier Park - 6 months ago
Hoosier Energy, a Touchstone Energy cooperative , is a generation and transmission cooperative (G&T) providing wholesale electric power...