Engineering lead responsible for the design and development of 100Gb/s transmitter optical subassemblies (TOSAs) from concepts through manufacturing release. Guide the overall development of the TOSA components working closely with mechanical, optical, RF design, assembly process engineers, and the internal active component design team.
• Experience in OSA conceptual design, vendor interaction, package prototyping, testing, and performance characterization
• Expertise in at least one of the following OSA design areas using commercial design SW packages: mechanical design/thermal modeling, optical design, RF design
• Expertise in OSA assembly technologies to drive key process transfer and advanced process development, such as die/component attach, wire bonding, optical alignment and assembly, laser welding etc.
• Experience in working with Contract Manufacturers (CM) and knowledge of assembly/equipment capabilities
• Familiarity with photonics, semiconductor lasers and modulators
• Familiarity with six-sigma techniques, e.g., design for manufacturability/reliability (DFx), SPC and ISO9001 certification
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Master or Ph. D. Degree in ME, EE, or Physics and 5+ years work experience in optoelectronic component development
• Track record of being part of a team that has successfully brought to market 10, 40, or 100 Gb/s optoelectronic components
JDSU serves markets that are at the heart of what’s important, making virtually every network in the world faster and more reliable....