IT Support Specialist
The candidate will act as a technical expert for IT solutions within a global IT team for Intel's Mobile and Communications Group R&D community. In our solution portfolio are global IT R&D applications, which are highly customized, integrated and automated with other IT solutions. The solutions are based on industry standard tools as well as self-developed. Main focus of the candidate will be on change management and bug tracking solutions, but not limited to. The strength of the candidate is technical problem solving and analytical expertise. Good communication skills and team orientation is a must.
The major accountabilities are:
-Support & administrate Git/Gerrit/Jenkins in Linux and Windows environments in a global support team
-Develop and harmonize procedures and scripts for maintenance of a configuration management environment
-Provide solutions and improvements for configuration management problems areas
-Support of local, regional, and global project rollouts
-Identify and analyze problem areas in the integrated R&D IT solution tool chain and provide technical workarounds and solutions
-Contribute to the standardization of the configuration management environment and the provided IT services and support continuous improvement of configuration management solutions
You must possess a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or comparable education, and
- At least 1 year of experience in Git/Gerrit/Jenkins administration, system configuration, and release management in Windows or Unix/Linux environments
- At least 1 year of experience in web services configuration, e.g. apache2, tomcat.
- At least 1 year of experience in software development lifecycle
- At least 1 year of experience in configuration and release management
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Basic scripting skills in Unix/Linux/Windows environment (e.g. Perl) desired
- Windows/Unix/Linux (Redhat/SUSE) administration expertise desired
- Knowledge in different Software Configuration Management approaches and systems (e.g. IBM Rational ClearCase, DesignSync, Subversion)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and quick learner
- Professional interaction with the end user
- Good customer orientation skills
- Good team player and good communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken
USA-California, San Diego
Mar 16, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 22 months ago
45 years of changing the world.
Back in 1968, two scientists, Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore, founded Intel with a vision for...