About DevOps at Parature
Parature has a well organized, agile set of skills and processes for developing high-function, high-availably Software-as-a-Service products, and for testing and verifying their quality. The DevOps team makes sure that:
• The products can be deployed into test and production environments correctly and with ease.
• The products behavior can be automatically monitored in production use, to identify problems before clients encounter them.
The DevOps team works with all of Parature’s technical teams to find the friction points in our technical processes, and to eliminate or lubricate them as necessary.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to help us improve our product, working at our Herndon, VA corporate headquarters. You will be working with an agile development team to consistently deliver new features while maintaining stability for customers. This position includes both new development and operational problem resolution, along with supporting functions like release automation, test automation, and much more. You will be expected to work closely with Development and Hosting on the release process so previous experience working with or ideally as part of an engineering teams is essential.
• Our primary applications run on:
o Windows Server, using IIS, ASP, .NET web services, SQL Server, Tomcat, and Apache Solr, self-hosted in a major co-location facility
o Ubuntu Linux in Amazon’s EC2 cloud, using CodeIgniter’s PHP framework, managed with RightScale’s cloud application management system
• Some of our monitoring and management systems run on CentOS and Ubuntu Linux, using Apache, Perl, Python, MySQL, and related tools, and are self-hosted in a major co-location facility.
• Our continuous integration systems run on Windows Server in Amazon’s EC2 cloud.
- Implement tools to monitor uptime and performance of our SaaS applications
- Respond to any issues with production systems
- Take personal responsibility for the availability and reliability of our service.
- Troubleshoot and solve technology problems in production and development environments.
- Work closely with Development on application design, environment creation, and release process.
- Help run automated testing to verify our product and its components to enable continuous delivery.
- Write tools to automate deployment, scaling and testing of our web applications
- Create tools that reliably manage infrastructure.
Additional Desired Background:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems automation and monitoring tools
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles
- Experience working with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services
- Proven analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to manage their own tasks with deadlines
- 2-3 years experience running production web-application systems
- Experience building and operating web applications for use other customer companies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with web security principles and standards
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, especially Nagios and Splunk
- Familiarity with testing and integration tools, especially Selenium.
- Familiarity with source control tools, especially Subversion.
Parature - 19 months ago