As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Assist IT staff with the maintenance, troubleshooting, support, upgrade and documentation of all aspects of the current security infrastructure environment, to include:
- Providing Checkpoint Firewall administration, to include Checkpoint firewall appliance support including Nokia IPSO, UTM-1 Site-to-Site VPN
- Network security and performance management via OpNet VNE, IT Sentinel, and IT Guru. Managing SuSE/Red Hat Linux servers in support of various security platforms. WiFi Protection and rogue access point detection.
- Providing support for Snort and Tipping Point Intrusion Detection Systems, and NetWitness and Solera deep packet capture and analysis systems.
- Building any additional servers as needed to support security functions, bringing the servers into the production domain, configuring and/or reconfiguring them as needed.
- Performing assessments of needs and response to problems, testing and installing new security software, both network related and application specific, and providing users with technical assistance and training.
- Securing network services such as DHCP, WINS, and DNS (with DNSSEC).
- Developing and implementing Windows 2008 Active Directory security models and procedures. Assist with RSA SecurelD hardware, system, token and pin management.
- Monitoring and maintaining anti-virus software capability.
- Respond to problems, testing and installing new security software and providing IT staff with technical assistance and training.
- Providing security support for data storage and backup solution based on NetApp SANs and VMware virtualization technologies such as vSphere, Vmplayer, server and workstation guest systems, ESX host, and P2V.
- Providing Active Directory/LDAP/ADAM/single-sign on security expertise in support of Federal HHSPD-12 PIV card integration initiatives, to include client side card reader application integration.
- Deploy and use server management and monitoring software, including HP Insight Manager, NetIQ Security Manager, Directory Resource Administrator and AppManager, as well as native Windows 2003/2008 tools.
10-12 years of related experience in data security administration, including supervisory experience.
A minimum of 2 years of directly related recent experience using the following tools:
A minimum of 1 of the following certifications:
- Check Point
- Linux SUSE or Red Hat
- IDS/IPS DNS
- Windows Operations Systems
- Kismet on Windows or Linux
- Backtrack - intrusion wireless app
- Aventail VPN
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...